Saturday, March 15, 2008

Blessed by Umoja

Well I knew I was off to a good start when I walked into the vancity airport and saw the entire Umoja crew in the checkin line for the same flight as me.

I spent the eight hours on the plane to London chatting with various members, then parted waysat Heathrow as they headed to Jo-burg and I to Kampala.

Now going on my 2nd week in this sunny and bustling city I can't believe it's taken me so long to return. Last saturday I was able to spin a reggae/dancehall set to a packed downtown nightclub ("Rouge") and from that was offered a month residency... a sure sign I'm in the right spot :-)

I will be posting photos soon so hang tight.

love and smocches from the land of the Sun.
Phoenix

1 comment:

downtown mizbrown said...

I love that you are DJ'ing dancehall & reggae to a packed club in Africa. You are such an awesome woman!